October 19, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Oh Molly Ringwald, How I wanted to be you when I grew up.
I can't believe I've seen Sixteen Candles approximately 11, 567 times, but I survived to the ripe old age of 36 without seeing Pretty in Pink.

So last weekend, it came on television and I watched it.

There were so many things I enjoyed about this movie. Annie Potts dressed as a punk rocker....Duckie's remarkable fashion choices... Andrew McCarthy's blue eyes.

It seemed so apropos, since I'm doing this redux blog. Molly's character was the original wardrobe reduxer!  I was hanging on the edge of my seat to see what she's do to combine those two pink gowns, one from her dad, and one from her friend, into a new fabulous prom dress.

I was sorely disappointed when this walked out. Not what I would have done, even in 1985.  But what a fun movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment